Sunday 28 April 2013

Yeats

Hello long lost blog, 
Amongst all of the fun that I am having both in Dungarvan, and greater Ireland in general I keep forgetting that I actually must do work at times. After a great weekend in Dublin with the group I was extremely tired for class on Monday Yet, as they say the show must go on! On Monday April 11, 2013 I did a presentation on William Butler Yeats for Literature class. I learned an awful lot about him that I did not know prior to doing research for my presentation. For example, I learned about his rather strange love affair turned obsession with Maud Gonne. 

What else was most fascinating about presenting on Yeat's was that since he is such an important figure in Irish history there is an exhibit in his honor in which we got the chance to go through. It was very interesting! Overall I was a bit anxious to present to the class on Yeats. I hope that I did okay!!

I took particular interest to the quote on display. This particular quote reads "cast a cold eye on life. On death horseman pass by." 

No comments:

Post a Comment