Sunday 28 April 2013

WIT

This trip is flying by! Hard to believe that it is already nearing the end of March. It truly feels like just yesterday that I was saying my goodbyes and boarding a plan that would allow me to call Europe home for the next several weeks. Things are really settling down and have even begun to call Dungarvan my home! 

Going to Waterford Institute of Technology on Tuesday's has begun to feel fun in a way. It is rather interesting to see the differences in their university as compared with ours. WIT almost feels as that of a high school in a lot of ways. One reason for saying that is that we learned that unlike Mercyhurst where classes are scheduled throughout the day WIT has a scheduled lunch period where all students are able to eat at a scheduled time. Also, there seems to be many packs that form within the hallways. The library is forever packed with students!! Upon exploring the campus I found this really cool staircase!! 

The experiences though have become very enjoyable at WIT! Learning Irish is too cool!! I wish that I had know even a single word of Gaelic before I came abroad. It is a beautiful language and the way in which they use vowels and accent marks truly fascinates me.

No comments:

Post a Comment