Monday 29 April 2013

Horseback Riding

Howdy blog! Hope all is well! After several long days of studying for exams and finally writing the exams I was extremely anxious for a break. This break came in a big way as I got the opportunity to go horseback riding while in Ireland. I had never been horseback riding before and was extremely nervous to say the very least. When we got there and finally got suited up we met our horses. My horse was a beautiful white one named Marley. She was a big, strong girl and extremely friendly.

We began the afternoon by riding around the stable learning the basic techniques. I had thought that possibly we would only be riding around the stable. Oh how I was wrong!! As quickly as we learned the proper technique we were then lead by one of the local boys on a breath taking trail. This trail lead us up and down hills were we were surrounded by lots of trees. I truly had to pinch myself for I was on a horse riding through the Irish countryside! Never in my wildest dreams did I guess that could ever happen.

At first I was extremely anxious and was very scared. Yet, towards the end of our one hour trek I actually began to understand the techniques of riding a horse! I was very excited seeing as I have ever done anything quite like that before! I hope to one day get the opportunity to ride again!

No comments:

Post a Comment