Monday 13 May 2013

Galway Girls

After a great weekend in London it was then time to travel to another spectacular spot in Ireland: Galway! Before getting to the city of Galway we went to the Cliffs of Moher. The Cliffs were even more beautiful than the pictures or the scenes that are in movies like "Harry Potter" and "Princess Bride." The Cliffs were one breathtaking sight after another. I found it interesting and extremely sad that this sight is the place of many deaths as people use the cliffs as a means to take their own lives. It was truly so sad considering how beautiful the sight is. I also found it interesting that I was surrounded by so many American accents while at the Cliffs! I had not heard so many accents similar to mine in so long!
The second part of the day lead us to a farm where we got a sheep dog demonstration. It was both funny and remarkable that one dog can understand the commends of a whistle to lead sheep all over. We learned that the sheep are afraid of the dog and simply want to always get away from him or her. I also found that sheep are really as soft as they appear from afar! Also at the farm were cows which also could be lead by a dog that was far smaller than they are. What a fun experience!
When we finally arrived in the city of Galway we had a delicious meal made by Carmel Keith and her daughters at our hostel. It was again Irish hospitality at its finest. I began to realize that this was my last weekend in Ireland and that I must make the most of this great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment